Plenty of times many users have reported about the camera error code 0xa00f4244 whenever you are launching the camera application. This can happen due to a lot of reasons. The most common thing is when you start the camera there is an error message “0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached”. However, if you have encountered the same issue then you are in the right place. As in this guide, we have discussed how to Fix 0xA00F4244 Error on Windows 10 methods that you can implement to solve the webcam issue. Although there can be numerous reasons that trigger the issue. For more information go through the below.
Solution 1: Make sure the camera app is turned on
Follow these steps:
1. Press Win+I (Windows key and I key) at the same time to open Settings Window.
2. Click Privacy.
3. Click Camera in the left pane. If it is off, turn it on.
Solution 2: Check for antivirus software
You can disable the antivirus software temporarily and see if the camera works. If it works, the problem is caused by the antivirus software. If you don’t want to disable it or turn it off, in the antivirus software, you can check if there are settings related to blocking the access or permission to use the camera. If yes, change the settings.
Solution 3: Check for camera drivers
The camera cannot work properly if there is a problem with the camera driver. For many cases, updating the driver would resolve the problem. But before that, ensure that your camera can work with the system version. To check this, follow these steps.
1. Go to Device Manager.
2. Expand category Imaging devices. Mostly, the camera device can be found under this category. Right-click on the name of your camera, and then select Properties.
Note that in Windows 10, some cameras/webcams may show up under “Sound, video and game controllers”). So if you don’t find your camera under Imaging devices, find it under “Sound, video and game controllers”. If you don’t even see your camera show up in Device Manager, for the external camera, try to plug it to another port. For the integrated camera, update the motherboard drivers.
3. Go to the Driver tab and click the Driver Details tab.
4. In the Driver File Details dialog box, look for a file name that includes stream.sys. If you find the file there, your camera was designed before Windows 7. In this case, you are required to replace it with a newer camera.
Rollback to the Previous Driver of the Webcam:
Sometimes, the error occurs when there are any bugs or errors in the driver, therefore you can rollback to the previous driver of the webcam. For that, you can go through the following steps to fix 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key + R key.
- Once the box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter button to open the Device Manager.
- Then you have to locate the Camera section and then expand it.
- Now on the menu, you will see the “Rollback to the previous version” option.
- Once the process is complete you have to reboot the system and check if the error is solved or not.