(864) 271-2232

3D Realty Handshake

Have you ever purchased property with someone as an investment but the partnership dissolved? Did you buy real estate with someone you planned to marry but the relationship ended before you made your vows?

If you did and can’t decide how to divide the property at the end of the relationship or if you can’t determine the fair value to buy out another party or if you want to dispose of the property but simply don’t know how, you need to initiate a petition to partition action with the Master-In-Equity in the Court of Common Pleas.

Attorney Grant Varner explains how a petition to partition works and covers the complexities of filing the action in court. One piece of advice he offers is that “each party is advised to have their own attorney.”



If you find yourself in need of professional legal services or require legal representation, contact an attorney like Grant Varner with Varner and Segura. Visit Varner and Segura online at www.VarnerAndSeguraOnline.com or call (864) 271-2232.

NOTE: Nothing above or in the accompanying video is offered as legal advice, and nothing above or in the accompanying video should be construed as a substitute for retained legal advice.

PHOTO CREDIT: Scott Maxwell / Distributed Under Creative Commons.